Serving Mission Partners
We build personal and close relationships with mission partners making sure they are equipped and supported throughout the entirety of their mission journey.
A Broad Range of Opportunities
With both short and long term opportunities at home and abroad, we want to make it as easy as possible for mission partners to get involved.
We strive to give mission partners the confidence of feeling fully prepared and act as a guiding hand throughout the process by:
– Collaboratively working with elders to ensure mission partners have all the necessary advice for the process ahead, specific to the type of mission and place in which they are going to serve
– Advising on the training most appropriate for mission partners on an individual basis through our one to one mentoring programme
– The sponsorship of pre-field medical and psychological assessment, writing letters for the support of visas and giving guidance on insurance and finance
We highly recommend the week-long intensive Mission Orientation Programme (held in Motherwell, Scotland) each February
We always have our doors and phones open to discuss anything a mission partner may need during service (as well as after, of course), and in conjunction with their sending church, we do this by:
– Acting as a constant support and connection back to the UK no matter where in the world a mission partner is
– Advising on practical matters that may occur during service such as National Insurance contributions, health cover, pension schemes and transmitting funds of support, as well as anything else that may arise
We ensure that the end of the mission work is never the end of our relationship with mission partners by:
– Meeting with mission partners and their local church to help facilitate debrief
– Understanding mission partners’ individual stories as well as the impact of God’s transformative power during their time in service
– Partnering with the local church to provide practical tools and pastoral care that may be helpful upon a mission partner’s return